There is no doubt that makeup is part of a beauty kit. We often use makeup brushes to conceal our faces and apply foundation. When not washed regularly, they can result in dirt and oil buildup that can cause rashes and acne breakouts. Therefore, you should have a cleaning routine to clean makeup brush. Dermatologists suggest that you should give your makeup brushes a thorough cleaning at least once a week. This will not only keep your skin free from bacteria but also prolong the lifespan of brittles.
To clean makeup Brush, you need water, gentle soap, or a cleanser.
Here are steps to follow:
● Put the bristles in lukewarm water.
● Put a drop of cleanser in the palm.
● Massage the bristle’s tip gently in your palm.
● Rinse the bristles.
● Use a clean towel to absorb excess water.
● Change the brush head to its original shape.
● Hang the brush on the counter’s edge and leave it to dry.
The dirty truth about your makeup brushes
According to Insider, a study published in the Journal of Applied Microbiology investigated the presence of bacteria in cosmetics and found that “70% to 90% of all these products” contained fungi and bacteria. These include enterobacteria, which can cause diarrhea, urinary tract infections and respiratory diseases.
It is not all about applying makeup and glowing, but how we take care of the tools. Makeup brushes can transmit various side effects from one person to another.
Terrible things that happen when you use dirty makeup brushes
1. Risk infection
As mentioned earlier, dirty makeup brushes can result in damage like acne and rashes. When you use them every day, they accumulate oil, pollution, dirt, and harmful bacteria such as E.coli, streptococcus, and staphylococcus.
2. Clog pores
When you fail to wash, old makeup clogs on the brush. As a result, you will be re-applying bacteria that will clog pores and cause a breakdown.
3. Prone to wrinkles
Dirty tools expose your skin to oxidative stress present in free radicles. This causes the breakdown of elastin and collagen hence premature aging. Further, the brushes become rough when exposed to dead skin cells; hence your skin will have wrinkles and fine lines.
4. Makeup will appear worse
To make your makeup go smooth and attractive, you have to use clean tools.
5. Pink eye
You can get Pink eye or Conjunctivitis when you share brushes with anyone. Even though it is treatable, this is something that you should avoid.
When is it time to throw away your makeup brush
Some of the indicators to toss your brushes away include:
● The rough texture thus feels harsh on the skin.
● Weird smell.
● The hairs begin to fall out and do not return to their original shape after washing.
● The finish gets spot and streaks.
● If you experience breakouts and skin irritation, it is time to get a new kit.
To keep your tools longer, always store them upright on the counter edge after washing. Lastly, don’t keep them on a towel to dry.
Who is the best makeup brush manufacturer in the world?
You have to choose a reliable manufacturer prior to purchasing your tools. Shangyang is a professional makeup brush manufacturer since 2005. They offer face, eye, and lip brushes. The 700 talented employees are able to make 3 to 5 million brushes per month. This guarantees you timely delivery.
We insisted on having the top talent service –from design to manufacturing- to meet the exceptional growth of the market demand. The R&D strength has been recognized by our client, Shangyang continues to invest in Eco-friendly technologies and degradable materials.
How could we work for sustainability together?
1) New patent material on biodegradable cosmetic brush hair
2) Recycled material both in the ferrule and handle
3) Vegan products. New starter from design to manufacture of eco-friendly product for your new brand, such as Wood/Bamboo/PLA/PCR/PHA.
Why choose us
● Eco-friendly: we are a sustainable manufacturer that ensures our environment and customers stay safe. The products are made from biodegradable materials hence mitigate the emission of harmful substances to the environment.
● Customer support services: after the final delivery of the product, the brand continues to offer support services.
● Certification: the products undergo inspection and testing to meet certification requirements.
For information about our products, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.